APBP heads to Memphis, for the 2017 Professional Development Seminar (PDS).
Visit the conference website, apbppds.org, for hotel info and program details.
APBP Members: Sign in with your username and password to see member discount pricing.
Forgot your password? Click here.
Sessions are organized into three tracks:
Building a Diverse Profession
Classroom sessions, mobile tours, poster sessions and plenaries deliver training and tools for building stronger communities with active transportation networks. The conference is packed with state-of-the-practice information for planners, engineers, landscape architects, public health professionals, advocates, elected officials, and others working to advance active transportation and sustainable, healthy communities. Meet us in Memphis to discover innovative strategies and flexible responses for transforming and connecting communities through walking and cycling!
PDS is known for in-depth sessions that leverage speakers' expertise and participants' enthusiasm to teach new skills and generate fresh insights. Each time slot (morning and afternoon) offers a choice of classroom sessions and one or two mobile sessions. What's included in the PDS registration fee?
- All classroom and mobile sessions (no extra fee for mobile tours; bike rental for session tours is included)
- Evening reception on Monday and Happy Hour on Wednesday
- Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks (T/W/Th)
- Certificates of Attendance to document hours spent in professional development. You may be eligible to earn credit toward professional licensing requirements, depending on the approval status of APBP’s applications to the AICP for continuing education units.
- Copies of all PDS presentation (.pdf format)
An additional fee applies to these sessions and activities:
- Additional tickets to the Monday and Wednesday night receptions for spouses and friends
APBP will apply to the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) for Certification Maintenance credits for all PDS sessions. A certificate of attendance will be offered to those who document their professional development hours in other fields.