Print Page   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join APBP
Search

Bicycle Parking Thread
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2/19/2015 at 10:12:40 PM GMT
Bicycle Parking Thread

Victoria, Mike, Ethan and I expressed interest in Bicycle Parking (and the APBP Parking Guide) on the 2/6/15 conference call (but we welcome others to be involved). I am establishing this thread, as suggested by Justin, to help loop folks in.

2/19/2015 at 10:14:04 PM GMT
To get notifications about posts to this thread, in the Thread Actions drop down list above (next to the reply button), select Subscribe to Instant Updates.

3/16/2015 at 10:09:43 PM GMT
I just sent a quick "invite" to this thread to the people Justin mentioned were interested in the topic area.

It seems like one of the first things we want to do is decide what we want to do :-)

I shared with Mike and Victoria at the WA Bike Summit that I have a particular fondness for "quality control/enforcement" of bike parking requirements. For instance, I did two field checks in 2006 and 2012 in Olympia to see how enforcement of the rather good bike parking code language was going. In short, the results were absolutely dismal, and it's an important lesson that having a good code doesn't guarantee good results -- the devil is in the details. So, whatever we decide to do, including "Enforcement/Quality Control" is something I'd like to see included.

What other ideas do folks have? Why did you volunteer for this work group? How should we proceed?

Sign In

Policy News
Calendar

3/21/2018
2018 Monthly Webinar Series - Bundle of 12

Photo credits from banner (left to right): Geneva Hooten, Nick Falbo

© 2016 All Rights Reserved | Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
201 E. Main St. Suite 1405 | Lexington, KY 40507